Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Stable Marriage: The best gift to your Children


picture source (www.a2zlivestyle.com)

I just wanted to share with you today what I think is one of the most important principles in raising a family:  A stable marriage.  This is not easy.  It takes work.  And there are many times when although ideal, it just isn't going to happen because of death, divorce, abuse, or apathy of one partner.  These are things that exist and I do not mean to make anyone feel bad, because we are all doing the best that we can, and there are things that cannot be helped or fixed.  But if it is a possibility for you, it is worth the time to put a lot of work into making your marriage stable.  Nurturing this relationship should be a priority even over nurturing the children (although both are extremely important).  This will give your children the most happiness and the best chance at success.  You can do every other thing for your child, but if your marriage is not stable then things may be harder for the children, they may act out more, and whatever you do may be undermined by the insecurities they feel.

So I wanted to share with you today my favorite marriage books.  They have helped me so much to understand my partner and to get my marriage stable so that my children can thrive.  The first is called,

Why Marriages Succeed or Fail, by Dr. John Gottman.  This book is life changing!!!  It even helped one of my friends improve her relationship with her mother-in-law!


And you can probably guess the 2nd book I am going to recommend: because it works!




I promise you these books will change your life!  They changed mine, and my husband's and my relationship is still going strong and happy after 20 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment