Saturday, April 19, 2014

TIME: The magic word in families


(picture from: top.coupons-code.org)

A wise man named Deieter F. Uchdorf once said, "When it comes to families love is spelled, T-I-M-E."  This is very true.  Time is one of the things your children most need, but it is also one of the least things we, as mothers have to give.  I used to spend time with all five of my children quite often: going on picnics, to science centers, making playdough.  However, I found this was not enough.  Children don't count it as a show of love unless it is "one on one" time.  This is extremely important to accept.  It took me awhile to really believe this concept because I didn't want to do it.  But the minute I began giving each child a "Mommy date" once a week, their happiness increased and their behavior improved, by miles.  They started to be golden children, and I am not exaggerating.  Quality time is one of the languages of love, and it is important to children...all children, even if it is not their main "Love Language".  I'll talk about love languages next, but I wanted to highlight this one because it is so important.  Our dates are not long.  I just run them to McDonald's for a dollar menu treat or to the dollar store, and talk to them about how they are doing while we do it.  It takes probably 15 minutes.  But to them, it is the most important 15 minutes in the world.  Try it.  It will transform your family almost overnight.  I guarantee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment