Monday, October 13, 2014

Crib Sleeping VS. Co-Sleeping

(parents.com)

I have to admit, I've always been a proponent of crib sleeping as I think it helps the child to be happier when they can soothe themselves to sleep. But, I also have to admit, in the quest for rest, I have let my babies sleep with me until they were ready to cry it out.  So I guess I am half and half on the issue.  I did use a side sleep baby holder for safety, as I didn't want the baby to roll, but I've noticed they've come out with NEW products, to help with baby safety, like this "By your side" sleeper.

Still, I think the sooner the baby can sleep on their own the better, as the older they get, the harder it is to wean them from this practice.  It's worth a little crying now, to avoid a HUGE battle later.  And my babies were always happier when they could do it themselves.

However, I know there are babies out there with stubborn temperaments, so each family must decide what's best for them.

Read this article from Parents Magazine and tell us what side you are on and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment